The Most Inspiring Video I Have Ever Seen…

30 Apr

A video by Derek Sivers via TED.com, which ought to get your week off to an inspired start!

(Let me know what you think after you watch this, whether in support of or critical of the video!  E.g., does Sivers leave anything out?)

About these ads

9 Responses to “The Most Inspiring Video I Have Ever Seen…”

1. Ben May 2, 2012 at 10:20 pm #

Really inspiring. I feel pretty beat up sometimes trying to do things different, even with a small group of wonderful followers. It is just nice to focus on the joy and excitement that this group obviously experienced as they coalesced.

• Christopher May 3, 2012 at 9:45 pm #

You definitely are a leader, Ben, a visionary. I can see how you feel beat up at times. It’s great to hear that you have a good group around you and I hope it continues to grow in all respects!

2. Juli Jackson April 30, 2012 at 1:44 pm #

Oh my goodness. I reposted this to twitter and my dear friend reminded me that I was THERE when this video was shot! Unbelievable small world. It was the 2009 Sasquatch Music Festival in George, Washington. I thought it looked familiar but I didn’t recall it until she said something. We were both there – a long way up the hill from where it happened. The first guy dancing was there by himself for a LONG time before someone else joined in.

• Christopher April 30, 2012 at 2:40 pm #

No freaking way! That’s crazy, Juli! So are you one of the eventual dancers?! :)

3. Juli Jackson April 30, 2012 at 1:27 pm #

Hahaha! This made me laugh and rang true. I think Mr.Sivers hit the nail on the head. It is those first few believers that make all the difference. Thanks for posting!

4. Caitlin Rose Williams April 30, 2012 at 11:53 am #

Hooray for the people who are not afraid to be nuts!

5. onfoodandfilm April 30, 2012 at 8:27 am #

Very cool. I confess, I tend to bristle at self-help seminars, etc but this had some terrific points in it. Particularly since I often feel like that ‘lone nut’!